In response to the challenges and setbacks in life, we’ll all experience sad, down, or low moods.
Depression and other mood problems last longer, are more intense, and often don’t naturally resolve within several days like a down mood.
Are you experiencing depression?
Common signs of depression include:
- Feeling down, depressed, or unhappy
- Not enjoying life as much as you used to
- Feeling guilty and bad about yourself
- Feeling like there’s something deeply wrong with you
- Feeling inferior, inadequate or worthless
- Feeling hopeless about your life ever getting better
- Thinking about ending your own life
If you’re experiencing one or more of the following, you may be experiencing a form of depression.
If it’s been several weeks and your mood is taking a toll on your social life, work, or education it’s worth seeking help.
Depression is a treatable condition that has been shown to respond positively to psychotherapy.
We can work together to help you:
- Uncover negative thinking and beliefs that contribute to feeling depressed
- Explore, understand, and shift painful emotions
- Improve your energy level and motivation
- Increase your self-esteem
Depression is often a signal that something isn’t working for you in your life.
This can be a job, relationship, or even the way you relate to people in general. By turning towards the challenging feelings and exploring them, you’ll learn valuable information to help heal your mood.
In the process of recovering from depression, many people learn and start using skills that help them reach a higher level of happiness than before. These can include:
- Being more assertive
- Being more clear and direct in communication
- Knowing what you want and being able to ask for it
- Feeling better about yourself
- Challenging negative thoughts and beliefs about yourself
Call Today to Schedule a
Free 30-Minute Consultation: